Seeking a Presidio Municipal Court and Police Department Administrative Assistant
Under the supervision of the Department Head, the Presidio Municipal Court and Police Department Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of general administrative services and project support for the Presidio Municipal Court and Police Department. This position is responsible for performing clerical duties, processing reports, and maintaining department files and records. Answering incoming telephone calls is expected. This employee should possess excellent communication, organizational and public relation skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Answers and directs incoming telephone calls.
- Greet visitors and direct accordingly.
- Provides citizen assistance by fielding questions, concerns, and complaints from the general public.
- Maintains the intelligence information system.
- Performs word processing, data entry duties, and general clerical duties including typing, filing, and photocopying.
- Prepares, types, and distributes correspondence, memos, and reports.
- Responsible for mail pickup and managing postage account.
- Researches court and department records.
- Enters and updates cases and arrest information into the computer system.
- Maintains and updates department files, records, and reports.
- Compiles background information on suspects.
- Maintains confidentiality of extremely sensitive and restricted information.
- Maintains inventory of division equipment and supplies.
- Participates, as needed, in special department projects, with Head Department’s approval.
- Perform general office duties.
- Flexible to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- TCOLE Certification required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as an assistant in an office setting and/or in a customer service role.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Must be able to work well under stress and be able to handle various tasks despite numerous interruptions.
- Must be able to deal with difficult customers in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Detailed and numbers oriented, well organized and works with a high degree of accuracy.
- Bilingual (preferred).
- This position requires passing a TCOLE Certification as a condition for continued employment. (Must be certified within a year)
- Test on Municipal Certifications 1, 2 and 3.
- All applications are subject to drug and criminal background checks.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Standing and walking between work areas may be required.
- Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard and to operate standard office equipment.
- Position will occasionally bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed to retrieve file information.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position is performed in an office setting although frequent off-site meetings in various settings occur.
Depending on qualifications
Please submit your completed application along with a resume and photocopy of ID to Municipal Court, Police Dept. or City Hall.